This is The Best One Pot Creamy Mushroom Parmesan Pasta tastes like it came straight out of your favorite Italian restaurant, nobody would guess that it only takes a few minutes to throw together. This is a great recipe for those busy weeknights that doesn’t require a lot of prep time.
I love the fact that you only have to wash one pan after you make this delicious dinner that the entire family will enjoy!
This sauce is deliciously creamy, garlicky and cheesy, but lighter than your typical alfredo and cream sauces you would find in a mushroom pasta dish like this.
Why I love this One Pot Creamy Mushroom Parmesan Pasta
- Simple and Quick: all you need is one large pot or skillet, a handful of simple ingredients and about 30 minutes of your time.
- It is easy to customize: The sky is the limit with how you can change it up. Add grilled chicken, shrimp, sausage, other vegetables, extra herbs or a different type of milk to change the flavors
- Delicious leftovers: this dish taste great reheated the next day, you may want to add a splash of milk or cream and it will be deliciously creamy again.
What you need to make Creamy Mushroom Parmesan Pasta
- One Large Skillet or pot: I used my large WOK skillet for this but you can use any pot or deep skillet.
- Mushrooms: Any type of mushroom such as shiitake mushrooms, or white button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms would all be good in this recipe. Mushrooms have a heartiness to them that makes this dish taste like comfort food for sure! I used baby bella because they have a rich flavor and look nice when their sliced.
- Onions and Garlic: I have small children who are not fans of big pieces of onion so I chop them pretty small, but if you prefer you can just cut them in slices for more texture.
- Pasta: I used Penne pasta for this but this recipe will be good with whatever pasta you have on hand. Just note that the cooking time will vary depending on what type of pasta you choose.
- Cream: If your looking for that silky and rich and sauce you will want to use half and half or heavy cream. If your looking for something lighter you can use milk or even almond or coconut milk but it wont be quite and creamy.
- Fresh spinach: This is a good way to slip those veggies in without your kiddos really noticing because that cheesy sauce covers them up. You can even add extra veggies or other greens to change it up.
- Lemon juice: This ingredient steps up the sauce to another level. It brings out all the yummy flavors while also makes it taste lighter and fresher. You can even add some Lemon zest to the top for a little extra flavor.
- Parmesan cheese: You can freshly grate your own or get a finely shredded Parmesan cheese so that it melt into the sauce and create that creamy sauce that you want. Save a little bit to sprinkle on top of the cooked pasta when you serve as well.
- Olive oil, salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes: You can use more or less of these depending on your taste.
How to make One Pot Creamy Mushroom Parmesan Pasta
1. Heat 3 Tablespoons of Olive oil in your skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Add your chopped onions and mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes until the onions are translucent, and mushrooms are slightly browned.
3. Mix in the garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes (optional) salt and pepper and lemon juice.
4. Add the broth and pasta to the skillet. Simmer for about 12 minutes on medium heat or until pasta is al dente (still firm) and the liquid has reduced. The pasta will continue cooking as you finish the dish.
5. Add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese, simmer until the sauce has thickened.
6. Add in the spinach leaves and stir until wilted.
7. Top with more Parmesan cheese and serve.
8. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- 10 oz. Washed and sliced mushrooms
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 3 Tbs. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 Tbs. Lemon juice
- 3 Chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 C. Heavy whipping cream
- 10 oz. Fresh baby spinach
- 3 C. Vegetable broth or Chicken broth
- Heat 3 Tablespoons of Olive oil in your skillet on medium-high heat. Add your chopped onions and mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes until the onions are translucent, and mushrooms are slightly browned.
- Mix in the garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes (optional) salt and pepper and lemon juice.
- Add the broth and pasta to the skillet. Simmer for about 12 minutes on medium heat or until pasta is al dente (still firm) and the liquid has reduced. The pasta will continue cooking as you finish the dish.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese and mix. Simmer until the sauce has thickened.
- Add in the spinach leaves and stir until wilted.
- Top with more parmesan cheese and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container.